Community Bulletin Board
To have your Event or Fundrainser added to the Community Bulletin Board please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date plus a maximum of 75 characters of information.
- CHRISTMAS FOR KIDS AT OUR SAVIOR LUTHERAN CHURCH SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16, 9:30-11:30AM TO REGISTER CALL (309)433-5807 FREE TO ALL CHILDREN AGES 3-12 FREE CRAFTS, GAMES, BIBLE STORIES, SNACKS AND GIFTS
- TO VIEW THE SCENe FALL FRIDAYS CALENDAR PLEASE click here:
* Please note that the October 6, 2017 class has been cancelled, but regular classes will continue on October 13, 2017.
- SAVE THE DATE! THE 12TH ANNUAL OKTOBERFEST WILL BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 FROM 2PM-11PM AT FIREMAN'S PARK (70 Nason Blvd.)
- BCH Women's Association 16th Annual Fashion Show- Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:00pm -New Location, Concord Senior Center, 40 Commerce Dr, Springville, proceeds from the Fashion Show benefit Bertrand Chaffee Hospital
Hulbert Library Fall Schedule
18 Chapel St. Springville, New York
- Fall Session of Lapsit Fun for children 6 months of age to 2 years. These sessions will be held Tuesdays @ 10:00am September 26th-October 17th *no meeting October 10th* *Registration is required, 592-7742
- Fall Session of Preschool Storytime for children 3-5 years of age. These sessions will be held Thursdays @ 10:30am September 28th-October 19th *Registration is required, 592-7742
- Mobile Dome Planetarium, Saturday September 30, 2017 Two sessions at 10:00am & 11:00am. *Registration is required and limited. 592-7742. The program is designed for ages 8 and up. Adults are encouraged to attend! The stars come to us as Mr. K of Ancient Eyes Productions brings his inflatable dome planetarium back to the library!
- Charcoal Drawing Workshop with Wende Essrow Saturday October 7, 2017 at 11:00am. All ages welcome. *Registration is required 592-7742, Wende Essrow, wildlife artist, storyteller and author of "If You Listen to the Trees" will share her book and run an interactive workshop demonstrating the use of charcoal to create a drawing from nature photographs. Supplies will be provided.
- Introduction to Windows 10, Tuesday October 10, 2017, noon-2:00pm. *Registration is required 592-7742. An introduction to Windows 10, the latest operating system from Microsoft. Students will become familiar with the desktop, the start button, Microsoft Edge and the Windows Store. Free and open to library patrons age 17 and above.
- Sprouting 101, Monday October 16, 2017 at 2:00pm. *Registration is required 592-7742 Christine Henderson of Mystic Sprouts will discuss the health benefits and different ways spouting can be done all year long. Whether a pro or just learning, this class is for all skill levels. Everyone attending will receive free seeds and recipes to begin the fun!
- Trunk or Treat, Saturday 28, 2017 friday 3pm-7pm. Our Savior Lutheran (431 Waverly) Totally Free: Treats in Trunks, Pumpkin Painting, Hot Dogs and other treats.
- Pumpkin Party!, Monday October 30, 2017 at 6:00 pm All Ages! Put on a costume, bring the kids and get into the Halloween spirit! This free, family-friendly program will include BINGO, mini pumpkin decorating with stickers and decorating a trick or treat bag. The party will end with tick or treating in the library.
2017 Concert in the Park Schedule
Spnsored by the Town of Concord and the Village of Springville
Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m.
June 8- The Road Runners (Oldies)
June 15- Route Two40 Ride (Country)
June 22- The Blarney Bunch (Irish Music)
June 29- Buffalo Silver Band (Jazz, Traditional Brass Band Music)
July 4- Gene Hilts & Rustic Ramblers at Town Park 5:00- Fireworks to follow
July 6- Homemade Jam (Country, Oldies, Bluegrass)
July 13- One Song (Vintage Country Music)
July 20- Low Blue Flame (Americana, Rock & Roll, Pop)
July 27- Mercantile Musicians (Country, Gospel-Bluegrass)
August 3- Queen City Swing Big Band (Swing Music of Big Band Era)
August 10- Springville Jazz Band (Jazz, Pop)
August 17- The Frankfurters (German Folk Music)
August 24- Dick O'Dell & 23 SkiDoo ( Swinging the Oldies)
August 31- Kokomo Time Band (Oldies & Beach Music)
In case of rain, concerts will be held in the Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin Street in Springville, New York